The teacher on the Colour design in public spaces course is interior architect and textile designer Marie Dreiman, who shares her experience and methods for selecting colours in public space. With her long experience of working with colour as a material and experience as a designer in both small and major projects, she gives many examples that can inspire you to be bolder in your colour designs. And new words and concepts relating to how colour is experienced also make it easier to describe and market your expertise.
Who is this for?
The course is intended for people who have experience in colour design as an architect or interior designer of public spaces and want to develop their skills in colour, light and space.
Why take the course?
- Become more confident and bolder in your colour designs
- Tackle colour design commissions in a new way with new understanding and new methods
- Customise colour selections to different environments, organisations, businesses and expectations
- With new vocabulary you will find it easier to understand and explain to others how you think about colour
- Handle colour designs that require lightness contrasts
- Learn how lighting can affect a colour design
- Create aesthetically appealing and functional colour concepts for complex settings
The course fee includes lunch, refreshments during breaks, Course materials, certificate and the NCS Lightness Meter, a tool for visually assessing and comparing surfaces’ lightness (value SEK 350). During the course we work hands-on with useful tools that hep you with your colour designing and that you can also update at attractive discounts. After completing the course, you receive a certificate for the skills you have learned.
Marie Dreiman, interior architect and textile designer is the teacher on the Colour design in public spaces course. She was previously a lecturer and professor in textile design at Konstfack (University College of Arts, Crafts and Design) and the Swedish School of Textiles at the University of Borås. She owns and runs Filter Studio, a design and interior design studio, and works as an interior architect at Tema Arkitekter in Stockholm.
- Duration: 2 days (5 credits)
- Language: Swedish
- Venue: NCS Colour Academy in Stockholm
The course is also part of the title programme Chartered Colour Designer (43 credits).