During the workshop you will interactively work with colour in interactive session where you will create and be reviewed by professional teachers in different types of cases together with other international participants.
- Challenge yourself in your colour design by learning more about the complexity of colours and the factors that influence colour perception.
- Widen your colour knowledge by getting an international perspective.
- Get inspired by other professionals and learn about new practices, designs and trends.
WORKSHOP SET UP
This is a four (4) day workshop at NCS headquarters in Stockholm. Our introductory course NCS Colour Communication is included in the price so that you can learn the NCS language and how to use NCS during our colourful week. The workshop consists of different cases, and we continue with analyzing all the aspects of the design process during the week, such as light, material and target groups etc. During this week you will work on a project that you later present to us at NCS Colour and get feedback on.
- NCS Colour Communication (online prior to workshop)
- Colour perception exercises
- Colour Design Principles
- Exterior and Interior colour design
- Field trips
- Create and present your own project
We expect you to have an interest about colour and in learning more about colour and design principles. Any prior knowledge about colour is beneficial, but not mandatory.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE WORKSHOP
- Master colour design principles to create interesting colour design projects.
- Manage the challenge of choosing colour in relation to material, design, and target group.
- Get new inspiration from other international participants.
NCS Colour’s Headquarters is located on Kungsholmen, within 10-20 minutes walking distance from Stockholm city center.
You will have plenty of shopping, restaurants and cafés to choose between. In Stockholm, nature is never far away. Have a swim in the canal or take a stroll along the water or nearby parks.
Karl Johan Bertilsson
Karl Johan Bertilsson is the Creative Director for NCS Colour with over thirty years’ experience in colour and education field. His diverse project portfolio ranges from creative design for interior and exterior architecture to developing unique colour concepts and collections for industries worldwide. Karl Johan has been on the board of directors of Color Marketing Group (CMG) in USA.
Ida Kvarby is the Concept Specialist at NCS Colour since 2018 and has co-developed the NCS Colour Academy offer. She has in-depth knowledge about colour and her past experiences include lighting design which serves as a great complement to colour design and how to achieve the desired end-result.
WHY AN NCS COURSE?
The NCS System is the only colour system on the market based on visual perception of colour. All our courses include the smart application of NCS in colour design, from planning to execution. The courses are developed by NCS Colour Academy colour experts in collaboration with professional designers, representatives from the industry as well as our network of lecturers, trend forecasters and colour experts from across the world.
For further information or group bookings, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org