It is important to know how colour changes and is perceived out of doors when you advise your clients on colours. A greater understanding of how our colour perceptions changes and how materials and colour interact is very helpful when a small colour sample is to be compared against a larger surface. In the course you will learn about appropriate exterior colour schemes from a historical, technical and aesthetic perspective to be more qualified in colour consultations. You also learn how a professional presentation of a colour project can be created and should look.
Who is this for?
The course is intended for anyone who works with the colour design of villas and private houses in particular. You perhaps work with colour consultations in a paint shop, as a colour designer, architectural curator or have a private architectural practice and want to gain more confidence in your colour choices and colour designs.
Why take the course?
- Be more confident and appreciated when advising on colour
- Learn how to refine your colour assessment technique
- Be better at giving colour advice based on knowledge of what affects our experience of colours out of doors
- Learn how to handle the complexity of inherent colour and perceived colour
- Understand more about how client analyses are made
- Learn how to determine the most appropriate colours for exterior colour design
- Get the knowledge you need to create harmonious colour combinations focussing on detached houses and residential districts
The course fee includes lunch, refreshments during breaks, course materials, certificate, and the book “Färgen på huset” [The Colour of the House] by Karin Fridell Anter and Åke Svedmyr, which is based on the authors’ many years of research and experience of designing colours for buildings that can give you help and advice on exterior colour choices (value SEK 258). After completing the course, you receive a certificate for the skills you have learned.