Gain knowledge about colour, light and material – and how to apply it in your design by trend forecasters, material specialists, colour experts and light designers. The International Colour Workshop is a five (5) day course. The workshop starts with our popular NCS Colour Trend Talk where you will gain insight in how colour trends evolve, what factors that are driving the colour directions and what the Colour Trends for 2020+ are. Followed by colour psychology and how to use material and light to affect the appearance of a colour. During the workshop you will be able to apply your gained knowledge to a customised colour project.
- Colour trends, their drivers and how to use them
- Colour psychology, how colour affect us
- Sustainable materials, how their attribute affects the colour appearance
- The relationship between light and colours
- Create your own colour design project
Why take the course
- Learn how colour trends evolve and how to interpret them
- Make correct colour decisions to reach the desired result
- Explore how light effects colour
- Master the complexity of choosing the right colour based on material, design and target group
Who is this course for
International Colour Workshop is intended for professionals who work, and/or would like to work more with colour in architecture, design, interior design as well as professionals advising in colours (e.g. paint shop staff) that want to improve colour knowledge and stretch the limits of colour in design. Included is the course NCS in Design which gives you a basic colour knowledge.
Karl Johan Bertilsson has over thirty years experience in colour and education field. He’s experienced in exterior, interior, furniture and products design with colour and colour trends. Karl Johan has been on the board of directors of Color Marketing Group (CMG) in USA. Today he is the Creative Director at NCS Colour and works with trend forecasts and gives lectures at different fairs and events around the globe.
- Dates: Updated soon
- Time: TBA
- Duration: TBA
- Language: English
- Location: Updated soon
For further information or group bookings, contact us at