We return to Mariefred and its inspirational environment where the castle Gripsholm and hotel are embraced by the water of Mälaren. Here you will live with colour during 5 days and get inspired by its many dimensions. The goal is to take your colour knowledge and design to the next level by working with the NCS System. You will get tips and tools to make your daily work with colour easier. Beyond sharpening your colour design you will also meet participants from all around the world and get cultural specific colour and design inspiration.
“Truly, the International Colour Workshop is unique in what it has to offer the professional working with colour or anyone interested in the historical and contemporary aspects of colour in our world.” – Marcia R. Cohen, USA
Who is this for?
The course is intended for you who work professionally with colour in e.g. architecture, design, furnishings or education, and want to deepen your knowledge within colour. Through an extensive colour project you will sharpen your theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills to be inspired to work successfully with colour in the different expressions of design.
Why take the course?
- Tune your colour design skills into immediate application in your design work
- Improve your creative skills in a project of your own by experiencing a complete design process with teachers and participants from around the world
- See inside other cultures’ design, thoughts and approaches
- Discover how the impact of colour, patterns and light affects us and how colours can be combined
- Learn more about how colour perception, interaction of colours, contrast reinforcement surrounding colours work
The course fee includes meals, single room accommodation, diploma, field trips and transfer to and from the course venue. Stockholm-Mariefred.
The course is lead by internationally renowned specialists and profiles within colour and design.
- Duration: 5 days (15 credits)
- Date: June 24-28th, 2019
- Transfer: Stockholm – Mariefred
- Language: English
- Venue: Gripsholms Värdshus in Mariefred