To be able to easily describe, define and specify colour, the NCS – Natural Colour System®© system was developed, based on how people see colour. NCS is a useful tool in all colour communication and design processes. In this course, we train and learn to understand our colour vision with the help of NCS. With increased understanding of how the NCS system works, based on our colour perception and how colour is described in precise terms, working with colour becomes easier and more creative.
Who is this for?
The course is intended for people who work or would like to work with colour in architecture, design, interior design, in colour shops, etc. and want to understand how our colour vision works and learn a colour language that everyone can use. We give you the tools so that you feel more secure in your colour choices already the same day. This is the basic course on colour scheme that gives you a foundation regardless of your direction.
Why take the course?
- Learn the importance of colour in different environments and designs.
- Get a useful tool for making colour analyzes in your work.
- Improve your ability to interpret and understand your colour intuition.
- Make conscious color choices with theoretical knowledge of how colours work together.
- Learn to work on the basis of colour matching principles for a successful result.
- Practice your color vision to make better decisions regarding colour.
The course fee includes lunch, refreshments during breaks, course materials and a certificate. The course participants will also recieve an NCS Index.
Bengt Ahlin is a colour and lighting designer and has assignments and projects in both the public and private sectors in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany. He has taught colour & light, colour theory, lighting design and NCS at Colour Academy since 2007. Bengt has extensive knowledge of light and colour, for example from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden and the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Duration: 1 day (2.5 credits)
- Language: Swedish and English
- Venue: NCS Colour Academy in Stockholm