NCS in Design is a one-day-course from which you will learn the fundamentals of colour and how to apply it in your work. Starting with the importance of colour and the basic principles of colour design, to how the Natural Colour System (NCS) can support you in defining colour areas, creating colour harmonies and colour combinations. NCS in Design gives you the tools to make conscious colour decisions instantly after the course.
- The importance of colour
- Professional colour communication
- Colour design principles
- Colour areas and combinations
- Perceived and inherent colours
- The smartness of NCS as a practical tool in design
Why take the course?
- Learn to apply the smartness of NCS – Natural Colour System – in your work
- Manage the complexity of colour communication
- Learn how to create colour harmonies and colour combinations
- Make conscious colour decisions and how to motivate them
- Analyse and choose colours based on their impact in different environments
Who is this course for
NCS in Design is a basic course and is intended for you who work or would like to work more with colour in architecture, design and interior design. As well as professionals advising in colours (e.g. paint shop staff) that want to learn the fundamentals of colour and the smartness of NCS – Natural Colour System. No previous colour or design knowledge is required to attend.
The course fee includes lunch, refreshments during breaks, course materials and all course participants will also receive an NCS Index 1950. After finishing the course, you will receive a certificate.
Bengt Ahlin is a colour and lighting designer and has assignments and projects in both the public and private sectors in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany. He has taught colour & light, colour theory, lighting design and NCS at Colour Academy since 2007. Bengt has extensive knowledge of light and colour, for example from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden and the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Duration: 1 day
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Language: Swedish
- Location: NCS Colour Academy, Stockholm, Sweden
For further information or group bookings, contact us at